By Hal Brown
|Photo of author
If you are absolutely convinced that the United States is on the brink of being destroyed by those who want to make your personal life miserable, take away your precious rights, enable people you'd prefer didn't live in the same neighborhood let alone the same country with you, you only have three choices as to who to vote for in the primaries.
If you believe in democracy you vote for Joe Biden. If you are a fascist you have to decide whether to vote for one of the two strongest GOP candidates in the primary.
The Republicans are divided and lines have already been drawn between those who support Trump and those who support DeSantis or any other candidate GOP not named Trump. This has been clearly shown in the competing conservative gatherings. See:
These are some of the things that Trump said at CPAC:
- the nation is in a "communism state of mind"
- America is a "socialist dumping ground for criminals, junkies, thugs, Marxist radicals and dangerous refugees that no other country wants." He claimed that people in the country illegally are staying in the U.S. in "beautiful hotel suites."
- traditional Republicans are "freaks, neocons, globalist open borders zealots — and fools."
- he has the "personality to keep us out of war."
- “We are never going back to a party that wants to give unlimited money to fight foreign wars that are endless wars, that are stupid.”
- "I am your warrior. I am your justice. For those who have been wronged and betrayed, I am your retribution."
We know how Ron DeSantis has taken steps in Florida to turn his state into the sunny anti-woke fascist playground I depicted by making this illustration:
People who want the country to be a tolerant inclusive society governed by civil servants who believe that all people deserve fair and equal treatment by those empowered to enforce the law.People who want the country to be an intolerant exclusive society governed by civil servants who believe that all people not in their group deserve biased and unequal treatment by those empowered to enforce the law.