June 17, 2019
The news today related to yesterday's Daily Kos story:
It is no surprise that the sadistic malignant narcissist, down in his own internal polls, stewing in his own juices with nobody to confide in, at some level knowing almost everyone in his inner circle either fears and/or hates him including his wife and Ivanka, is lashing out at immigrants.
This cruel Gilles de Pais is relishing terrorising children and families. The good thing is that it will backfire for two main reasons. First it will provide visuals and stories that hopefully will horrify more people and some Trump supporters - in Congress and the public - and prove once and for all that he is a sadistic bully. Two it will be impossible to do to the extent he is threatening.
I tweeted this photo and caption, blanking out the man's face.
I don't consider cruel ICE goons to be real police. Who do they protect and serve? A demented sadistic dictator, that's who.
June 16, 2019
June 15, 2019
250 people (so far) commented on this story. More than 2,400 people took the poll.
More regarding Bandy Lee:
Donald Trump’s Mental Illness May Lead To Trump ‘Destroying Human Civilization,’ Yale Psychiatrist Warns
June 14, 2019
This looks like it will remain on the Daily Kos page for at least the morning, so there is time for you to participate in the discussion in the comments section. In order to post there you must register. You need to include your email but Daily Kos never sends you any emails at all let alone any spam. They do not share you email address. Of course, if you are on Daily Kos I trust that you will recommend anything I post there. If enough people do, it gets on the recommended list and more people read it.
My quote of the day comes from Lucian Truscott IV in Trump Isn't a President, He's a Gangster, a good read but it's about something we already know. However, this is directed at the House Democrats and, without naming her, Nancy Pelosi:
"Trump could have the White House painted high gloss black and order the Treasury Department to deliver pallets of hundred dollar bills to the front door, and the Democrats would accuse him of a cover-up and order another hearing."
How back can it get. This bad:
Mexico just released the full text of the ‘secret’ deal Trump said they made - and it's much ado about bullshit
June 13, 2019.
Only a few comments on this story, however you can judge the number of people who viewed a story by how many people take a poll. In that case 506 people took the poll.
June 12, 2019
This story only had 67 comments, but over 500 readers took the poll.
June 11, 2019
|Read them here or scroll down this page|
June 10, 2019
Although I am preaching to the anti-Trump choir it is helpful to educate them about why, from a psychological standpoint, he is dangerous. They already understand that as an autocrat and white nationalist he is dangerous to our democracy and rule of law based on the Constitution but sometimes they find they his behavior inexplicable. For them I think it behoves those of us from the world of anti-Trump psychotherapists who are so inclined to use any forum we can to explain the inexplicable.
June 9, 2019
|Discussed on Morning Joy today|
So many Daily Kos readers recommended this diary it was kept it on the recommended list for the second day. 2600+ readers responded the poll despite the pessimistic results. More readers of Kos are gaining a better understanding of Trump’s psychopathology and how this fits into the “know your enemy” notion in order to defeat him from Sun Tzu’s “The Art of War.”
With the commentariat (not just on MSNBC and elsewhere in the mainstream media) it is finally sinking in that Trump's psychopathology drives the behavior that all but a few (notably Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC) until recently found inexplicable.
Malignant narcissism, a term the majority of the population wasn’t familiar with two years ago is now often used in discussions about Donald Trump. Tomorrow's Daily Kos story will be about how Trump fits the definition of the dark triad.
|Story behind WaPo paywall|
- But now Donald Trump, certified Roman candle, is spoiling America’s fireworks show. On a whim, he has decided to bollix up one of the better days in the nation’s capital.
- Trump is going to turn a holiday that had somehow managed to remain nonpartisan and playful into a MAGA rally, dragging his perpetual resting bitch face and American carnage onto the Mall.
- Defiling the sacred with the profane, Trump offered his usual bag of arsenic cookies.
- Narcissistic, infantile and heedless of tradition, Trump is now yanking away the one day devoted to celebrating all Americans and rebranding it in his own image.
- plus a factoid showing Trump's early misogyny from Michael D’Antonio's Trump biography “Never Enough.”
- "Trump displayed that compulsion early on. When he went with classmates at the New York Military Academy to march down Fifth Avenue in a Columbus Day parade, he found out that some Catholic schoolgirls were lined up ahead of the boys. Trump went to complain and pull strings and got the girls bumped so they marched behind the boys."
Here's what Randall D. Eliason, who teaches white-collar criminal law at George Washington University Law School has to say about Mueller in Was Mueller’s dodge on obstruction a blunder — or brilliant?
Boils down to this:
But here’s where the wisdom of Mueller’s approach begins to show. Recall that Attorney General William P. Barr, during his confirmation hearings, pledged to release as much of Mueller’s report as possible consistent with the “law and Department policy.” Had Mueller made a “traditional prosecutorial judgment” and accused the president of obstruction, then the report would become a more typical internal prosecution memo — the kind that never see the public light of day. The policy against publicly accusing those who have not been charged could have given Barr a ready excuse to withhold the report from the public, or at a minimum to redact a great deal of volume 2 that deals with obstruction of justice.
This easily could have led to a months-long legal and political battle, with only Barr’s “no obstruction” conclusion available to the public. We still might not know what is in Volume 2. Instead, Mueller’s approach left us with the best possible result, under the circumstances: Overwhelming evidence of obstruction with no plausible excuse for keeping that evidence a secret........ By writing his report the way he did, Mueller did everything in his power to ensure that Congress received the maximum amount of information possible. It remains to be seen what Congress will choose to do with it.
June 8, 2019
Over 200 comments
June 7, 2019
This story was put on the Daily Kos recommended list and now has about 300 comments (including some of my responses).
This was the first image I made.
This was the first image I made.
I find it interesting that since Trump hit France the readership of this blog looks like this:
After watching the Elizabeth Warren and the Kamala Harris town halls I've toyed with the idea that a good Democratic ticket could actually be two women. As the senior senator the older woman who is much more experience in federal government would top the ticket. Harris would be poised to run for president in 2028. Read this:
After the heartbreak of 2016, she’s making some women believe that a woman could actually win the presidency.
June 6, 2019
Some choice words from Dana Milbank in
Democrats invite psychiatrist who says Trump is mentally unfit for office to the Capitol after she calls him unstable, violent and a danger to public health
This story was also covered in by the Russian website RT with a very unflattering photoshop:
Referencing Trump's tweets Ellen DeGeneris quoted one of the most famous lines from Seinfeld, Teri Hatcher speaking about her natural endowments:
Watch the video clip:
June 5, 2019
There's no way a Democrat will vote for Trump, so it doesn't matter who runs as far as their vote goes because they will definitely vote for the Democrat.
We need to win a fairly small number of voters in key electoral college states.
I think many of the Republican gullible dumbbells who aren't outright racists who voted for Trump in the rust belt, Florida, Pennsylvania and maybe a few red states in play which we need to beat him are gradually becoming disillusioned with him and his unkept promises (lower taxes) and rhetoric (the fear-mongering that immigrants were coming to Indiana to rape and pillage). They are ripe for someone who is perceived as different as Trump was even though they are unapologetically progressive. Trump will call progressive socialists but hey this isn't the McCarthy era when calling someone a commie was considered a career ender.
I don't think it matters whether it is Bernie ( IMHO his age works against him and is a risk factor if he gets sick or injured towards the middle of the campaign - I'm looking at the spate of injuries we had her last week with people his age) or the liberal younger candidates as ranked by Business Insider. But hell, while I'd like a very progressive candidate, I'll support any primary candidate if the polls showed they were kicking Trump's ass.
Quote: Republican Jennifer Rubin, WaPo: "President Trump may have hit a new low as he lied, seethed, intruded and blundered his way through his trip to Britain. President Trump may have hit a new low as he lied, seethed, intruded and blundered his way through his trip to Britain."
President breaks royal protocol by disclosing that Charles took him to task over climate change. Trump told him that even if climate change is real, it isn't America's fault.
June 4, 2019
June 3, 2019 - Scroll Down
JUNE 3, 2019 My Daily Kos story about MSNBC's breathless fawning coverage of the Trump London visit.
The temporary president in London:
|Click to read story|
From the Times of Israel by clinical psychologist Avner Falk about Trump and Nancy Pelosi
June 2, 2019
and from today's Daily Beast:
June 1, 2019
May 31, 2019
John McCain and Trump’s Narcissism: A Clash at Sea - I think Democratic Party candidates should announce that when they become president they will find a second Navy-related way to honor John McCain since there's already a ship named for him. Perhaps they could name a naval base or a building at the Naval Academy after him. This would really burn Trump.
Germany, from Hitler to Merkel:
May 30, 2019
If the band on your MAGA hat has destroyed millions of brains cells and you only watch Fox News, this will explain why you still support Trump:
- The Japan trip showcased three elements of Trump’s personality that make him an easy mark for foreign exploitation. The first is narcissism. Trump routinely abandons the people around him: wives, employees, officials, and aides. He applies the word treason not to betrayals of the Constitution, but to any threat to himself, including the FBI’s decision to open an investigation into his campaign in 2016, when Trump was just a candidate. He spurns NATO, scorns American war heroes, and ridicules U.S. intelligence agencies. Trump believes he is the state. Therefore, he feels nothing for any part of the state beyond himself.
- Second, Trump cares more about beating his domestic rivals than standing up to foreign enemies. And to win these domestic fights, the president is happy to claim America’s enemies as his allies. He consistently sided with Putin against President Barack Obama. In 2016, Trump openly urged Russia to help him defeat Hillary Clinton. This year, Trump declared that the Chinese government was “far more honorable” than U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, and the rest of what Trump called “the opposition party.”
- Third, Trump is a reflexive liar. He’s happy to contradict U.S. intelligence when it gets in the way of his interests. He has denied intelligence on Russia’s election interference, intelligence about the persistence of ISIS, and intelligence implicating Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.
“Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault,” Trump tweeted in 2013. Just last week, the president again referred to himself as an “extremely stable genius,” and he has spent years insisting has a high IQ score, though he has never revealed the exact number. When a Twitter critic challenged him in 2013 to prove his high IQ, Trump responded simply, “The highest, asshole!”