Thanks for this, Maureen Dowd:
|Click above to view several clips of |
Trump dancing to Macho Man
As a video circulates of Trump celebrating his CNN performance by dancing to “Macho Man” by the pool at Mar-a-Lago, we see Trump unplugged.
|Click above or below to play|
Former President Donald Trump seemed to have little care in the world following his controversial town hall with CNN, as he was spotted getting down to music while poolside at Mar-a-Lago.
A clip from an event at Mar-a-Lago Thursday night began circulating on Twitter via @MJisMAGA, which showed the former president arriving to a poolside dinner while performers dressed as The Village People entertained the crowd.
Trump, whose dance moves appear to be isolated to only his arms, jived to the music as the crowd cheered him on and snapped photos.
|Click above to read article|
Some noted the irony of Trump entering to "Macho Man," given his administration's track record on LGBTQ rights and the fact that Village People is rooted in gay culture (the group's name refers to New York City's Greenwich Village, which was known for its large gay population during its formation).
(Body) Body (wanna feel) Wanna feel my body, baby?
(Such a thrill) Such a thrill, my body yeah-yeah
(Wanna touch) Wanna touch my body, baby?
(It's too much) It's too much, my body yeah-yeah
(Check it out my) Check it out my body, body
(Don't you doubt) Don't you doubt my body, body
(Talkin' bout my) Talkin' bout my body, body
(Check it out my) Check it out my body
Every man wants to be a macho, macho man
To have the kind of body always in demand
Jogging in the mornings, go man go
Work outs in the health spa, muscles glow
You can best believe that he's a macho man
Ready to get down with, anyone he can
Hey! Hey! Hey, hey, hey!
Macho, macho man (macho man)
I've got to be a macho man
I've got to be a macho, macho man
I've got to be a macho! Ow!
Macho, macho man
I've got to be a macho man
Macho, macho man (yeah, yeah)
I've got to be a macho!
- Trump always ridiculed people, but when he brought that into the presidential arena, it was like injecting a virus of cruelty into the political bloodstream.
- As a video circulates of Trump celebrating his CNN performance by dancing to “Macho Man” by the pool at Mar-a-Lago, we see Trump unplugged. The existential threat is aiming to get back in the Oval, this time without anyone trying to keep him from going completely off the rails...
- Trump is spiraling into even more of a self-deluded narcissist, if that’s possible. And he’s even more obsessed with numbers — if that’s possible.
- The town hall was enlightening — and frightening. But we needed that reminder to be on full alert, because Trump is not just an unhinged and dangerous extremist; he is also a cunning and dominating insurgent.
- Sun Tzu stressed that victory depends on knowing the enemy — “Force him to reveal himself.”
|Click above to enlarge image search of the quote.|
I've written a lot about using an understanding of Trump's psychopathology to fight him (example). Mental health professionals writing about Trump as I have believe that understanding Trump's personality is a key to defeating him. Here's a tweet of mine from 2019:
|Click to enlarge image|
Putin also knows what makes Trump tick, and he's also played him like a piccolo by appealing to his delusional grandiose narcissism.
|Click above to watch|
|Please add your comment|
If you don't see the Disquis comment section click here and scroll to bottom of page. You can also post a comment using the Blogger comment feature but Disquis is preferred.