Mired in Muskland - 5
By Hal Brown
click each image below to enlarge
Masochism, psychosexual disorder in which eroticrelease is achieved through having pain inflicted on oneself. The term derives from the name of Chevalier Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, an Austrian who wrote extensively about the satisfaction he gained by being beaten and subjugated. The amount of pain involved can vary from ritual humiliation with little violence to severe whipping or beating; generally the masochist retains some control over the situation and will end the abusive behaviour before becoming seriously injured. While pain may cause a certain amount of sexual excitement in many persons, for the masochist it becomes the chief end of sexual activity. The term is frequently used in a looser social context in which masochism is defined as the behaviour of one who seeks out and enjoys situations of humiliation or abuse.
Masochism as an isolated trait is fairly rare. More commonly, the association of pain with sexual pleasure takes the form of both masochism and sadism (q.v.), the obtaining of sexual pleasure through inflicting pain on others. Often, an individual will alternate roles, becoming aroused through the experience of pain in one instance and through the infliction of pain in another.
This is from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- 1) noun The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
- 2) noun The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
- 3) noun A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.
- Mired in Muskland, Edition 4
- There is no longer a "We the People of United States"
- Mired in Muskland, Third Edition
- Second Edition Mired in Muskand Comic Series
- Mired in Muskland : An Ongoing Series of Hilarious...
- Elon Musk and his Twitter free-for-all hellscape
- Trump's weirdest, most stupid, and cruelest idea m...
- I'm still sick, being treated at home for pneumoni...
- I have no idea wha I'm going to write today, if an...
- I was wrong, no chance Trump will testify live, bu...
- Congress's Crazy Caucus: Let's call it what it is